WEBSITE MANAGER (Since Oct 2013)
I manage all the website operations for NBN (nbnco.com.au). My role is to utilise my knowledge and experience of business and technology to partner with stakeholders to shape and deliver new opportunities for providing value through the use of technology or processes improvements.
- Responsible for ensuring that the needs of all business units are met in the digital space, starting with stakeholder engagement, then requirement gathering, solutions design and implementation in collaboration with IT.
- Accountable for the digital enhancements prioritisation process, working in close collaboration with IT, within an Agile environment.
- Responsible for consistently seeking opportunities for improvements of efficiencies.
- Manage stakeholders’ expectations and website enhancements delivery timeframes.
- Responsible for key metrics to ensure that the website is delivering against key KPIs and objectives.
- Manage the Digital Agency and Media Agency to ensure that Online Marketing is reaching the key audiences.
NBN Co is a wholly owned Commonwealth Government Business Enterprise reporting to the Minister for Finance & Deregulation and the Minister for Broadband, Communications & the Digital Economy.
DIGITAL MARKETING MANAGER (Dec 2010-Aug 2013)
Until recently, I was responsible for developing and implementing Nando’s digital & social media strategy in Australia and NZ, ensuring that it is innovative, engaging, successful and in line with brand and commercial objectives. I was also part of the worldwide digital strategy steering committee for Nando’s, with quarterly meetings in the UK with key stakeholders.
Surprisingly, Nando’s Australia recently made my position redundant on the (rather odd) premise that digital marketing was not an important part of their 5-year marketing plan.
- Elaboration and execution of the strategy, delivery, integration and maintenance of all digital platforms for Nando’s Australia, from concept to deployment: wire-framing, UX, IA, design direction, managing developers, UAT and release.
- Project led the full redesign of nandos.com.au, setting an international benchmark for the business in terms of usability and performance. As a result, the template will be rolled out to 16 markets in 2012-13.
- Social Media Strategy lead for Nando’s, implemented customer service through social media.
- Launched and managed Nando’s loyalty scheme (card and app-based), supported by a strong digital marketing campaign.
- Management and accountability for all SEO and SEM strategy and results.
- Developed an intranet for Nando’s Australia and designed a franchisee e-Commerce platform.
- Digital brand custodian.
- More than trebled Nando’s monthly web traffic through a holistic SEO and SEM strategy.
- Increased Facebook fans from 8.5k to 240k and Twitter followers x 20 (latest Facebook competition drove over 12k Likes).
- Increased banner impressions x 35
- Increased franchise leads quantity by 200% and quality through SEO and SEM.
- Increased E-Commerce conversion x 2 and average order value x 1.5.
- Responsible for vendor and agency management and a $2m budget.
HEAD OF SEO AND ONLINE MARKETING (Feb 10-Oct 10, Consultant)
World’s largest online soccer community (35m visits per year) – startup environment.
- Worked in collaboration with the CEO, the CTO and senior developers on the seamless integration of SEO in the navigation, UX and page structure of the site. Managed the SEO automation and localised the website in 10 languages (EN, FR, SP, IT, PT, GE, RU, CN, JP, KR).
- Managed all aspects of SEO for www.worldcuptickets.biz, with limited CMS functionalities and resources.
- Devised and implemented successful SEO and SEM strategy of to maximise sales of travel packages to the 2010 FIFA World Cup.
- 800% ROI on PPC (up to 25% Adwords click-though rate)
- Top 3 competitive Google positions in multiple languages
- +19% visits / +20% unique visitors / +18% Google organic traffic in 6 months.
SENIOR MANAGER, ONLINE STRATEGY EMEA (Aug 07-Mar 10)
I lead the EMEA Internet Team and was responsible for strategy, tactical rollout, localisation, performance, maintenance and user experience of high-traffic B2B and B2C websites for 36 markets in Europe, Middle East and Africa (over 90 websites).
- Headed a GBP 1m pan-EMEA organic SEO strategy working alongside V.P. of Corporate Communications and a highly specialised agency, to successfully dominate Google in 36 countries under the search term Herbalife and other keywords in 6-8 months.
- Managed the complete rolled out Herbalife.com across 36 markets and in 28 languages.
- Managed the complete rollout of distributor portal MyHerbalife.com across 36 markets and in 28 languages.
- Managed the implementation of all new online initiatives, working closely with US Head Office and 3rd-party suppliers: Email marketing, dynamic content, videos, online brand reputation, distributor online sales tools (eg MyWeightLossChallenge.com) .
- Managed a team of 4 web developers.
BRAND MANAGER (Dec 05-Sept 06)
- Re-branded and re-launched a wine club to an existing customer base (90,000+ customers).
- Responsible for a wide range of direct marketing programs and the creation of innovative and compelling consumer offers: oversaw the conceptualisation of all material whilst ensuring relevance of offers.
- Increased net profits per campaign by 53%, gross margin by 29% and direct mail response rate by 1.15 per. points (from 2.75% to 3.85%).
SELF-EMPLOYED (Jan 03 – Apr 05)
Started my own chauffeur business in Sydney where drivers were despatched to customers who could not drive their cars after a few too many drinks. You drink, we drive.
MARKETING EXECUTIVE, ONLINE LOYALTY (Jul 00 – Dec 02)
Responsible for retention, up-sell and cross-sell to a database of 750,000 dial up, and 100,000 broadband customers. These were still the early days of the internet!
Complete profile available on Linkedin